CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fun-Filled Day with Friends......and Turkeys!

Fall is here and it is sooooo wonderful! Pumpkin patches, yummy food, cooking binges my mommy gets on, cool weather.....its all so great! Well, its been a busy week for us at home so mommy and I decided to take the day off and call up some dear friends for a fun filled Turkey Day! We made turkey cupcakes and thankful turkeys that say what we are thankful for. It was the perfect dreary day to hang out with good friends inside and have some fun. Since a lot of my friends are girls, it was good to get in some "testosterone filled man time" with my friend Bryce too. We are always silly willy's when we are together! So here is to a fun filled turkey day.....hip, hip hooray!!!!
With 3 kids around, normally the bowl gets licked pretty clean. :-)
So here we are making our Turkey Cupcakes. We all got to frost our own cupcake then decorate it.The creative bunch slapping some yummy chocolate frosting on those sugar filled cupcakes. :-)

What cupcake decorating party is fun without having a quality control team to sample the final prodcut? Welcome to any party with boys. :-)

Here we are decorating away.....I've never had candy corn before, but I found out they taste pretty good. Mommy says they taste like sugar coated plastic and are yucky. I think I may disagree.
So this is the final product Mommy constucted to show us the ropes on how to make a Turkey Cupcake.......check out our final products....I think we may have skipped a step (or 2). :-)
By the way, our mommies would not let us eat the turkey we made. They said something about too much sugar and making us puke??!?? They looked rather good to us. :-)

Meet my Turkey Cupcake.....I drowned him in sprinkles. :-)

This would be Mayce's creation. She had a rather fluffy turkey with lots of candy corn feathers.

And finally, this would be Bryce's Turkey Cupcake. His is rather fluffy with lots of feathers AND it got a sprinkles bath. :-)

This is a picture of a 21st century play date. We each have our own laptop AND we are watching a movie. We can multi-task at a very young age.....and in style with our laptops. :-)

The 2nd part of our fun-filled turkey day was to makeThankful Turkeys with our mommies help. We made super cute turkeys and wrote what we were thankful for. It was lots of fun....although I wasn't as interested as my friends. I was to busy singing and listening to My Savior Lives....my new favorite song these days. :-)

Mommy interruption.......I know you fully enjoy Taylor writing his blog and telling you all the things he is currently doing. However, I thought I would interrupt this blog and give you a little mommy translation of this craft we did today. So all the kids were telling what they were thankful for. I started asking Taylor what he was thankful for, these are the things he said.....Baby King, books, God, Erin, worship and Jesus. I am so greatful he said Jesus and God.....I mean, he should love those above all else. That answer I am forever grateful for. But where is mommy and daddy?? I asked him, what about mommy and daddy. He said "Um, how about Erin and books." Niiiiiice. Fun times as a Mommy. :-) I love you Taylor.....your precious humor and worship filled life are so sweet to me. You are the greatest joy to us and we love you so very much! I know you love your mommy and daddy. We'll try again next year. :-)

No comments: