CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Cinnamon Love

Since I love to bake, cook, or whatever else being in a kitchen involves, I thought I would begin to share a few of our favorites along with some new found additions to our recipe box in this ole' blog....incase there is anyone that really DOES read it! :-) So here goes.....

I love Cinnamon! It is one of my favorite flavors to bake with. Sooo yummy and so simple! Seems like I always gravitate towards recipes with cinnamon in them (as well as chocolate and strawberries too!). It is just one of those familiar flavors that is so delish no matter how you cook it. I've tried a couple new recipes so I thought I would share. I got these 2 from a new favorite webiste of mine: www.sugarlaws.com They have some FABULOUS recipes I can't wait to try! So far the 2 I have tried have been super. Go check them out! These first ones are both breakfast recipes. Every Sunday morning we have "King Breakfast" at our house. Translation: big, hearty, breakfast with the family....making memories! We always look forward to it and I am always on the lookout for new breakfast recipes to try. Hope you and your family enjoy these as much as we did and you feel inspired to dust off that cinnamon jar and get to cooking! Happy Monday!

OK, for those of you that avoid recipes with yeast, you HAVE to try these cinnamon rolls....there is NO yeast! I was so amazed. They were fabulous. So fabulous. I will definitely make them again. Zac said he actually preferred them over Cinnamonster! Now, I'm not going to stretch that far, but I thought it was sweet. I made about 20 from this recipe though. Not sure how she only gets 10. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy. My mouth is watering thinking about them!

Cinnamon Rolls

INGREDIENTS
1 cup warm milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup butter, softened
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder

1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp water (eliminate if you’re opening a new package of brown sugar)
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, softened

4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar

DIRECTIONS

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Mix the first six ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, mixing thoroughly until the dough forms a large ball. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, water and cinnamon.

Divide the dough into ten pieces, and roll each one into a 2″ by 10″ rectangle. Spread the dough with the cinnamon mixture. Roll each strip into a tightly formed roll. Place rolls in a 9×13 inch baking pan, allowing some room for the rolls to expand. Bake the rolls until just starting to turn golden, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, and confectioners sugar. Spread frosting on the rolls before serving.

Makes 10 cinnamon rolls.



Cinnamon Pancakes

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup whole milk
1 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp butter, melted

DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.
2. Heat a frying pan or skillet on the stovetop. Spray with cooking spray or grease with a little extra butter. Ladle out 1/4 cup of pancake batter at a time, and cook about 1 min on each side, flipping each pancake midway through. Repeat about eight times, until batter is gone.
5. Serve with maple syrup, honey or extra butter. Enjoy!

Makes about 6 large pancakes.
Recipes and photos from www.sugarlaws.com

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'll take them both, please. If I drop the Evans and add King, can I come for breakfast?

So glad you are going to showcase your goodies. Can't wait to read!!